[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

Raybob Bowman raybob at tube-tone.com
Wed Jun 5 02:15:33 CDT 2013

On 6/4/2013 7:18 PM, homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:
> This discussion has been interesting to me. I moved to SE Minnesota a
> couple years ago and have had the darnedest time getting my coffee to taste
> good since. It tastes good when I visit in Wisconsin, where the groundwater
> is much better tasting, so I assume that the water here is the problem. I
> tried several things and finally have settled on even parts Walmart spring
> water (bottled in Chippewa Falls, WI), Walmart distilled water, and local
> tap water filtered through a Brita pitcher. This is a new experience for
> me. Guess in the past I didn't know how good I had it with tasty tap water.
>
> Brian
That brings another point.  Just because the label says "Distilled" does
NOT mean it is, when you read the fine print.  Some say made by
distillation and ozonation.  If it's distilled, there's no reason for
ozonation.  Look for "made by distillation" only.  Nothing I eat or
drink ever hurts my stomach or keeps me up at night, but using bottled
distilled that isn't "distilled" only, then I have problems sleeping and
my gut doesn't 'feel' right anymore.