[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

Raybob Bowman raybob at tube-tone.com
Wed Jun 5 02:06:16 CDT 2013

On 6/4/2013 7:18 PM, homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Distilled H2O
>
> Any of us lab rats will tell you that boiling pure distilled water is
> dangerous as it can "bump" or "explode" for lack of particulate surface
> around which to form vapor bubbles.  Be very careful.  In a metal boiler
> chamber there should be sufficient surfaces to prevent that, but you
> never know.
Dude, I've been boiling distilled water usually twice a day for well
over 20 years now.  I've never heard of such a thing.  As for "pure", as
soon as it comes past the cooling coils where the steam returns to
liguid, and enters atmosphere, it's no longer pure.  I use glass bottles
but could never keep it actually totally pure.

Raybob