[Homeroast] Boiler auto-fill circuity and distilled water RE: Distilled H2O

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Tue Jun 4 21:03:15 CDT 2013

>> What espresso machines actually use electrical conductivity of water to
measure water levels? is this a real concern? This seems a terrible way to
do it, when buoyancy (or a number of other possibilities) works so well? Why
would you use this?

>> Jer

Virtually every (every one I know of and I know many quite well) commercial
and prosumer espresso machine made with a steam boiler. Simple open and
closing of circuit via conductivity cheap and effective way of doing it. The
fact that espresso shots pulled with a modest mineral content in the water
taste livelier as judged by countless palates for countless years makes it
all work harmoniously.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/