[Homeroast] Boiler auto-fill circuity and distilled water RE: Distilled H2O

ricky carter rickylc99 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 20:38:21 CDT 2013

ok a lot of conjecture here, and the information is soooo easy to find.
 while distilled water will (barely) conduct electricity, it's anywhere
from 1000 to 1,000,000 times poorer conductor than regular tap water,  :

Wikipedia - on distilled water's conductivity
 "Although water is generally considered to be a good electrical
conductor—for example domestic electrical systems are considered
particularly hazardous to people if they may be in contact with wet
surfaces—*pure * water is a poor conductor. Conductivity of sea-water is
typically 5 S/m,[4]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purified_water#cite_note-4>
drinking
water is typically in the range of 5-50 mS/m, while highly purified water
can be as low as 5.5 μS/m, a ratio <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratio> of
about 1,000,000:1,000:1."