[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

michael kaericher mike_kae at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 17:26:37 CDT 2013

The point is simply that "contaminants" are not not all undesirable.
Again, if you like what you are making, go for it.  I like my coffee the way that I make it: with my local city water filtered through a carbon block whole house filter.

-Mike

On 6/4/2013 10:00 AM, homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Distilled H2O
>
> "All I need to know about water quality is what is left after you do a
> batch of distilled water... it is disgusting, and knowing I am not
> eating that brown sludge is good enough for me."
>
> Interesting.?? If you distilled your coffee, there would be brown sludge.? If you distilled lasagna, there would be brown sludge.? Having pure water at the end doesn't mean that what was there before would have tasted bad.
>
> That said, if you like it that way, go for it.
FYI: You can't distill coffee.  If you put coffee, or anything in a
distiller, the only thing that expands when it turns to steam is water.
Whatever isn't boiled water remains in the still.  If you put coffee in,
you get pure water out, coffee stays in still.