[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

Frank Parth fparth at me.com
Tue Jun 4 15:43:54 CDT 2013

> Let's see...
> There is and never has been anywhere on this earth that distiller water
> exists for consumption or use by organisms. Whether you believe organisms
> where placed here "as is" or evolved to what we see today, none are adapted
> for use/consumption of "pure" (i.e. distiller) water. The minerals in most
> waters of the world are actually quite beneficial to living things. These
> minerals buffer the pH of the water and provide necessary minerals and ions
> our bodies need. Taking them out of the water is an unnecessary use of
> energy and adds little to no health benefit (unless you have the rotten
> luck to live where your water travels thru uranium tailings)…

Or live where animals discharge their "waste" in the local stream or have the bad luck to die in the stream. In the mountains this includes everything from rabbits and squirrels to deer, elk, and other animals. And never drink water where there might be cattle or sheep anywhere upstream.

I don't go camping without some way to purify the water. It's not worth the dangers.

> Kirk (resident biologist and keeper of many critters)

Frank