[Homeroast] Distilled H2O (J3R)

Raybob Bowman raybob at tube-tone.com
Tue Jun 4 15:01:13 CDT 2013

On 6/4/2013 10:00 AM, homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:
> All I need to know about water quality is what is left after you do a
> batch of distilled water... it is disgusting, and knowing I am not
> eating that brown sludge is good enough for me.
>
> Jer
No kidding.  My grandparents had a water still in their basement. They
both lived to 96, when my dad got a nurse to move in to theri house, to
cook and clean for them.  She wasn't running the still, they both died
within a year of her being there.  I got their still in '93.  I've used
it in SF bay area and the sludge was brownish-gray.  Later moved to
Tahoe, it was more whitish-grey. Later, I built house here in mountains,
west of Tahoe on well system of 25 houses.  Now, it's almost pure white,
but it's still sludge. If you wait too long to clean your still, that
sludge cakes to sides like rocks.  Imagine what it does to people's
arteries.