[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

J3R j at j3r.org
Tue Jun 4 14:18:46 CDT 2013

On 13-06-04 03:03 PM, miKe mcKoffee wrote:
> You could also live in a bubble with purified air since most assuredly you
> are breathing airborne contaminants as you typed...

What I don't understand is the vilification of distilled water. People
get really passionate about telling me I am hurting myself or my coffee
or my coffee machines... and yet I can't seem to shake any actual facts
out about why they believe this.

On your topic, since I breathe in contaminants why do I bother to eat
well? I should just eat McDonalds all day. Why exercise? I am just
breathing in more bad stuff. Just because I take steps to be healthy
doesn't mean I want to be a bubble boy, I don't actually care much about
germs at all, I have a strong immune system, but that doesn't help when
dealing with the toxic soup I have already shown is in your and my water.

Just as another for-instance, we (in Montreal) just had a mandatory
boil-water notice go out because of a mistake in a water treatment
plant, over 3 million people had to boil all cooking and drinking water
for days, and this is a major metropolitan area. If you feel secure that
this does not occasionally happen without prior notice, then great, but
I am not that blindly trusting of our water keepers.

I believe I have said what I needed to say, and despite differing
opinions, this is one of the longest threads this mailing list has had
in a while, so I suppose we have accomplished something.

Jer