[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Mon Jun 3 23:19:54 CDT 2013

Here here Mike.  I twitched when I read sludge.  Just because water
has 'stuff' in it doesn't make it bad.  We live off of 'stuff'.  Just
about the same twitch as reading that distilled water 'flushes' you
out.  More power to you to not going to the doctor in years, or not
feeling full from pasta cooked with 'pure' water, but the the amount
of 'stuff' in standard drinking water is so small compared to the
water, I just can't put any credence in it.  Sorry.  Heck, English
ales are renowned for the body that minerals brings out (note I
didn't say adds) in their ales.  I personally think the same is true
of coffee.  Coffee brewed with mineral free water seems lacking.  And
I happen to love the flavor of distilled and DI water - have always
found it kind of sweet.

But as Mike say, it really only matters what you like.

John