[Homeroast] Distilled H2O

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Mon Jun 3 21:29:22 CDT 2013

Interesting Mr. Chester. FWIW La Marzocco water specifications are (cut &
pasted from LM website) as follows:

La Marzocco USA Water Specification
Optimally, the water for the espresso machine should have the following
properties:
Total Dissolved Solids 150 ppm
Total Hardness 3-5 gpg
Total Alkalinity 80 ppm
pH 7.0 gpg
Calcium Hardness 3-4 gpg
Total Chlorine <0.1 ppm
Free Chlorine <.05
Total Chlorides <30 ppm
Total Iron 0 mg/L
Silica not more than 5 mg/L
Sulfate 25-50 mg/L
Hydrogen Sulfide 0 mg/L
Manganese 0 mg/L
Nitrate 0 mg/L

End cut & paste. Note the TDS and total hardness. Definitely NOT distilled!

Also there is a HUGE difference between mineral content and impurities and
chemicals, i.e. sludge.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/