[Homeroast] Brazil Carmo de Minas Peaberry

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 12:09:58 CDT 2013

Every now and then I get a batch of beans with very few snaps of first
crack. I roast with a heat gun, with beans in a colander nested inside a
stainless steel bowl. A few years ago I bought a digital thermometer from
Tom (
http://www.sweetmarias.com/sweetmarias/coffee-roasters/roasting-supplies/digital-thermometer-with-thermocouple.html)
and threaded the thermocouple wire through some wires of the colander,
so
I have an idea of bean temp, which can be handy in trying to decide whether
the snap or two I heard was just an outlier or two, or whether that is
going to be it for first crack.

Brian