[Homeroast] Liquid dripping from HotTop?

Tim TenClay teejtc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 08:23:23 CDT 2013

Gary,

I have a hottop and have been roasting with it for about 10 years now... I
think I had that once and decided it was condensation.  Since it hasn't
happened again, I had pretty much forgotten about it... :-)

Grace and peace,
  `tim

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Gary White <gary_white at verizon.net> wrote:

> I've been roasting for well over 10 years and this is a first for me.  I
> recently purchased a HotTop and was on probably my 4th roast when I noticed
> a liquid dripping from the front right bottom corner of the roast chamber
> (when facing the viewing glass and to the right of the chaff tray) onto the
> cooling tray.  This was obviously coming from the roasted coffee as it
> looked similar to espresso.  This roast was my  first with the Espresso
> Workshop #27 - Los Tumulos that came with the roaster after I had finished
> off my supply of a previous Espresso Workshop offering.  At first I thought
> this was just a fluke but it has happened on both roasts I've made since
> then.
>

> Has anyone else experienced this?  Could this possibly be due to beans with
> a higher water content?
>

> I've roasted many, many different types of beans over the years on an array
> of different roasters and I've never seen anything like this.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Gary
>

> P.S.  I originally sent this to the old list address.  I've since roasted
> another batch without the liquid dripping.  I'm going to try another batch
> shortly.

Want to make a real difference for real people?!  You can help me raise my
funds for the 2013 Aids Red Ribbon Ride (and thus help AIDSCare serve
clients throughout Western NYS).  www.tenclay.org will forward you directly
to my fundraising page.
----
This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential;
if you are not the intended recipient, please delete immediately.  Do not
forward or make any of the above content publicly available without
permission of the original author.
--
Rev. Tim TenClay, D.Min.
"Only a religion which is a way of living in every sphere either deserves