[Homeroast] Chaff

Raybob Bowman raybob at tube-tone.com
Sun Jul 14 12:49:42 CDT 2013

Thanks.  I started roasting with the heat gun.  Great for consistency in
the roast, compared to oven, but very dependent on weather outside.
Does blow chaff away as you roast which was a good thing.  May go back
to that for rest of summer.  With oven roasting, if I don't blow it,
just pour from pan to jars, I'm not really having any problems at all
with chaff, just keeping it in the jars with the beans.  Another factor
is the 1500watts/13 minutes cost much more than the propane for my oven
@ $1.65 per gallon delivered.

Raybob