[Homeroast] What Coffee Do You Buy, When You Can't Roast

Frank Parth fparth at me.com
Sat Jul 13 18:55:38 CDT 2013

On Jul 12, 2013, at 4:11 PM, Michael Baladi <mike at baladi.ws> wrote:

> I'm sorry but a website alone isn't advertisement. To get the traffic you are talking about means you put your name out there. Whether it was google, ad's, emails, word of mouth. My point is that a web site is a source of information that requires people to go to. That requires some kind of notification for people to learn about. If I create a hypothetical website called www.coffeeexpertroaster.com and do NOT advertise the website. No one will ever know to go to it. Yes, they are great for conveying information, once you've established traffic to them. They write entire books on strategy to get traffic to your website. It's the advertisement that gets people to your website.

Agreed that your name needs to get out. That's why I publish and give seminars at international conferences. All of my Middle East business stems from one seminar I gave back in 2006.

Do you need to buy ads on Google? Nonsense. That's a great money maker for them, not necessarily for you.

They write books on strategy to sell books on strategy. They write lots of articles because that's how authors and reporters get recognized.

Do what make sense for your business, but don't assume all businesses have to use the same approach. That's like saying all coffee beans have to be roasted the same way.

Be creative when it comes to getting your business name out there.

Frank