[Homeroast] Chaff

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 14:45:10 CDT 2013

I can't recall who it was, might have been Alchemist John, but someone
experimented with chaff a few years back and reported that chaff did not
affect the flavor of coffee. So as long as it doesn't clog up your
extraction, there shold be no problem.

You might want to consider getting a heat gun (e.g., $25 Wagner or
Milwaukee) and roast half a pound at a time, outside, or in a porch, shed,
etc. You have a bit more control of the temps than you would in the oven,
by raising or lowering the heat gun.

Brian