[Homeroast] On Topic: Popper-Roasting

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Sat Jul 13 00:43:19 CDT 2013

I'll add that increasing bean mass to reduce air flow will only increase
heat rate of rise to a point, then rise will drop because of too great a
mass for available btu's versus mass to absorb heat.

As far as actual available voltage affecting heat, extremely so. Which is
why you don't just want a variable transformer than can "only" attenuate
voltage, but want one that can also increase voltage. Not all can. I've
always used models capable of 20% voltage increase to both compensate for
voltage sags during peak usage times as well as better profile control
hitting the heater hard as/when needed.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/