[Homeroast] What Coffee Do You Buy, When You Can't Roast

Dhananjaya djgarcia at improbablystructuredlayers.net
Thu Jul 11 16:34:16 CDT 2013

Michael, you're confusing content and distribution / access. This list's content (as opposed the list of user's, which is what
you're alluring to) is potentially the same as any forum. You express your opinion / view on a specific subject, here being home
roasting coffee. The difference from a web forum is that you receive the content as a batch of messages you read offline instead of
roaming through the threads online.

Both forums and lists can be and are used for marketing purposes. There really is no difference in the potential content, only the
access method differs. The list is great for keeping up to date, not so great for ad-hoc research. Two different interfaces with
different conveniences.

And there is indeed a list message history on the server, accessible to users. It's the list archive.