[Homeroast] New Neighbor

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 12:49:26 CDT 2013

It's interesting to think about from both directions. I remember how
futilely I searched for coffee that tasted good. I finally stumbled into a
guy who roasted coffee for use in his small cafe, and he agreed to roast
half a pound extra for me whenever I called a day or two in advance. He
soon after that went out of business, but not before I saw his roasting
setup: a gas canister, a big gas burner, and a big cast-iron skillet with
what was left of a wooden spoon. That planted the seed that maybe I could
roast. Not long after that (10 years ago now) I came across this list and a
discussion of heat gun/dog bowl roasting, and soon after that, roasting
with poppers.

Not everyone who is introduced to my coffee is interested enough to roast
their own, but it is fun when someone is.

Brian