[Homeroast] New Neighbor

Gregg Talton gregg.talton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 12:25:08 CDT 2013

Funny, I've taught my mom and father in law to roast using the same
method.  My mom and dad felt a Bunn coffee maker was necessary for great
coffee.  After tasting coffee from my Chemex mom started asking questions.
I bought her a FreshRoast then a few months later she ordered a Behmor,
Tehnovorm and Chemex. My father in law also started with a FreshRoast and
moved forward to a Gene Cafe and various pour overs.  I love to watch
people taste home roast for the very first time.  Maybe I enjoy the
conversation about the roasting process even more...

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Greg Hollrigel <ghollrigel at gmail.com>wrote:

> Excellent story.  I love the ripple down effect.  It is priceless watching
> my friends reactions to the taste of my homeroast for the first time.
>
> Greg
>
> On Thursday, July 11, 2013, Barry Luterman wrote:
>
> > They built a new house next door to us. The new neighbors moved in
> > just before Christmas. We invited them over for coffee. I brewed up
> > something or other. When they came in and saw my Technivorm the new
> > neighbor got all excited and started to tell me how excited he was. It
> > seems his wife had just given him a Kurig pod machine for Christmas.
> > He had four (4) cups of my coffee while I explained about grinding and
> > stale coffee etc. I offered to lend him an old grinder and french
> > press I had. A month later he borrowed my back-up Behmor. Yesterday I
> > asked him what he was drinking and he went into a long description of
> > his latest roast and how it subtley changed as the cup cooled. This
> > morning I noticed the Kurig and pods on Craig's list.

> Forum</a>

They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me
sad to realize that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days. - Garrison
Keillor