[Homeroast] What Coffee Do You Buy, When You Can't Roast

Michael Baladi mike at baladi.ws
Wed Jul 10 15:07:20 CDT 2013

This is an email list, not a forum. Email lists are one of the biggest form of advertisement on the planet. What do you think most SPAM is? If I'm forming a new business and only advertised on my website I can guarantee you I'd fail as a business.

The greatest weakness of this list as a form of record on discussion of beans is the lack of history. I don't have a local copy of everything sent on the list. The copy I have seen online, frankly, the interface sucks.

Not to mention, I think there's a lot of potential to a direct link from the ordering page to a history of the beans purchased from that coop/farm/etc...

Not just Tom's views, but discussion on that bean as well.

No one's forcing anyone to use that information, but I think it'd be a great resource for those interested.

I don't know, I guess Amazon has it wrong by leveraging user reviews? Yes, there's a lot of crap to weed through on there sometimes, but if you know how to use them I find them invaluable.