[Homeroast] What Coffee Do You Buy, When You Can't Roast

Steve Hamm steve.hamm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 19:39:44 CDT 2013

I joined the list in April, mainly because I wanted to get notices from
Byron of the availability of new beans. I'm getting the notices, which is
good. Beyond that, I haven't been impressed (with scattered exceptions). I
do appreciate roasting notes, but I haven't seen many.

NOTE TO BYRON: If I were a marketing guy at Sweet Maria's, I would
immediately convert this list to announcements only, and redirect people to
adding moderated comments and user reviews of beans on the website. From a
business standpoint, this list makes no sense especially compared to
helpful, moderated comments right there on the page with the "add to cart"
button.

As a relative newcomer, the list seems dysfunctional. Re: Martin's comment
below, it doesn't seem very friendly (or helpful) around here, and probably
doesn't serve a good business purpose.