[Homeroast] What Coffee Do You Buy, When You Can't Roast

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Jul 9 16:33:39 CDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 01:23:16PM -0400, sci wrote:
> probably contribute more to the latter category. Forums are too
> categorized. It is a strength that has a weakness. You can pinpoint a
> topic, but you don't get the Bohemian bazaar effect of this list. Let's
> KEEP IT GOING!

Just want to point out that we do have long conversations that couldn't
be fit into categories on the other side.  I'm embarassed to have
started one, quite unintentionally, when I started "I Have Met The
Bean" in the new roasters section.  Fell in with some chatty folks who
became friends and long-distance coffee sharers, and, well, the faces
change but the damned thread goes on and on and on and on...

I signed up for both the forum and this list at the same time.
Expected to forget the forum password, but it worked out the other way
around.  It's not that you're unfriendly here, but it has the feel of
an old, well-established club, not so comfortable for newcomers.  Or
maybe it's just that the younger folk prefer forums... except I'm not
the only old fart who's been hanging out in the forum.  Dunno.

--
There is nothing perhaps so generally consoling to a man as a
well-established grievance; a feeling of having been injured,