[Homeroast] What Coffee Do You Buy, When You Can't Roast

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Jul 9 16:21:22 CDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 11:56:41AM -0500, Sandy Andina wrote:
>  brought back some "Rise Again" blend--mostly Indonesians--from Nova
>  Scotia last year; it was pretty darn good.  The name comes from the
>  roasters being fans of the late great Nova Scotian singer-songwrite
>  r Stan Rogers, and is the refrain of his most famous song "The Mary
>  Ellen Carter." Stan, just 36, perished in the fire caused by the
>  crash landing of his flight in Cincinnati 30 years ago this summer.

Friends of mine have claimed to scandalize (or delight, depends on
who's telling it) more traditional folks at the Winnipeg fest in the
wee hours by singing MEC to a variety of other melodys.  Pinball
Wizard, The Stripper, oh, many others, but those stuck.

I can't remember how it worked with TS's melody.  Lots of folk license
has to be applied, I expect.  Pinball Wizard, OTOH, seems almost made
for the lyrics.  :-)

--
If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost;
you can still call him vile names.