[Homeroast] What Coffee Do You Buy, When You Can't Roast

Sheila Quinn quinngraphics at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:00:03 CDT 2013

We don't have specialty roasters nearby either. At least we have Dunn
Bros that roasts right in the shop, so I can get them fresh. Otherwise,
it's grocery store beans. Ugh. If I were to order roasted coffee online,
Metropolis (out of Chicago) is my favorite.

As for comparing home roasted to commercially roasted, it depends on the
person doing the roasting. There are good and bad commercial roasters,
as we all know. And home roasters who probably don't know anything about
profiling. With SM's good beans, though, even newbies can get good
flavor with a simple popcorn popper. Still far better than store bought
beans.

Sheila