[Homeroast] What Coffee Do You Buy, When You Can't Roast

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Tue Jul 9 11:34:46 CDT 2013

At 12:10 PM 7/9/2013, you wrote:
> > I've been visiting my local Whole Foods, where they roast coffee and I've
> > been trying some of their Africans.  They're OK, but not exceptional.  I
> > have had better luck with a local roaster in the Boston area, Barisimo.
> >  I've had some very good coffees from them, but at a higher price point.

Whole Foods coffee is also VERY expensive.  Plus although they roast
onsite by me, they will not sell green beans.

I have at least for the moment suspended roasting in favor of a
pre-roasted coffee that I found at Gordon Foods (AKA GFS) locally
here in SE Michigan.  It is about $5/pound in two pound bags (whole bean).

Brewed in our new Mr. Coffee Ultimate, it doesn't have a lot of
"character" but it is actually surprisingly good if you are looking
for a cup of JPC (Just Plain Coffee).  Mellow, low acidity, and
decent "coffee" taste.  Heads and shoulders above any other "store
bought" coffee I have tried so far.  By comparison, we tried some
coffee from Trader Joe's that sounded good.... it was a bean I
recognized too..... It was undrinkable, and I am pretty tolerant ;)

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI USA
pgoelz at comcast.net