[Homeroast] Sweet Maria's New Coffee Alert

Sheila Quinn quinngraphics at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:11:20 CDT 2013

Ditto on that -- I like this mail list format much better. And ditto on
the coffee, Karl! I don't think I've ever been unhappy with any bean
from SMs. But Ethiopian DPs are awesome! I've really liked what I've
gotten lately, including the Eth Koratie DP.

The reason I like the mail list format is that it feels like a bunch

> of friends getting together and chatting.  There are several discussions
> going on at once; People talk over each other; New conversations pop up
> right in front of you.  A forum's organization is exactly what I don't
> like, because it doesn't encourage this type of interactions.

Nicely put!

Though I've mostly been a lurker on the list, I have learned a tremendous
amount from all the wild and crazy conversations here.  Including topics
which I never would have clicked on in a "forum".

For me, the list really established the feeling of a Sweet Maria's
community, complete with imperfections and occasional beauty.

+1 on the Ethiopian Koratie DP, that was a delicious coffee!

Karl