[Homeroast] What Coffee Do You Buy, When You Can't Roast

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 09:55:15 CDT 2013

My dear wife has asthma, so I only roast when she's out of the house and I
never roast when her breathing is bothering her.  So, when I'm caught,
without homeroast, I break down and buy some commercial.  I was curious
what coffees others on the list actually buy, when they don't have
homeroast on hand.

I've been visiting my local Whole Foods, where they roast coffee and I've
been trying some of their Africans.  They're OK, but not exceptional.  I
have had better luck with a local roaster in the Boston area, Barisimo.
 I've had some very good coffees from them, but at a higher price point.