[Homeroast] Sweet Maria's New Coffee Alert

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 06:54:54 CDT 2013

It was the passion that listmembers had for IMV that led me to try it and
it's still my favorite coffee of all time, even though it's been a few
years since it has been available.

I just took a peak at the forums on SweetMarias.  There seems to by a lot
of activity there and it's neatly organized into categories.  Then it hit
me.  The reason I like the mail list format is that it feels like a bunch
of friends getting together and chatting.  There are several discussions
going on at once; People talk over each other; New conversations pop up
right in front of you.  A forum's organization is exactly what I don't
like, because it doesn't encourage this type of interactions.  The forums
have 23 categories that you can post under.  The list has 1.  For coffee
discussions, I choose 1.