[Homeroast] Sweet Maria's New Coffee Alert

J3R j at j3r.org
Mon Jul 8 10:43:26 CDT 2013

On 13-07-08 11:09 AM, John Nanci wrote:
> I mean this in all seriousness.  I'd love to see a free or even paid
> solution that would go into ANY website AND integrate into what is
> already there.  That 2nd part is key.  I've found the expectations of
> users and how easy it is to add something to a site and the reality
> are very different.   Also, a 'good web master' is not inexpensive.
> You get what you pay for. The free ones may cost nothing up front, but
> if you can't implement them yourself, they suddenly are not free.
> I've run into this time and again.  Sure, it's free, but I don't have
> the time to bring myself up to speed, and to put it into place, is no
> longer free, usually to the tune of at least a couple K.
>
> YMMV.
>
> John

A good webmaster is what you need to run a professional and successful
website. Sure, they are not cheap, neither are lawyers, plumbers or auto
mechanics. You can do all those things yourself as well, YMMV. If
someone is trying to charge you thousands of dollars to install a
plugin, then you need to look elsewhere for help. A webmaster is also a
business expense, so assuming one has a successful business, this is
simply a smart investment, especially if it will bring in more business
or streamline a process.

to ANY site there is facebook, disqus and many others that take a few
lines of code to insert. If you run on PHP for instance there are a ton
here
http://www.hotscripts.com/category/scripts/php/scripts-programs/reviews-ratings/.
Yes, they are mostly free.

John I see you already use both wordpress and shopify, so it should be
trivial to set this up on your site. There are dozens of plugins for
both platforms both free and paid.

I'd be happy to help you off-list, or anyone who has quick webmaster
questions. It is what I do.

Jer