Raybob Bowman raybob at tube-tone.com
Wed Jul 3 15:20:45 CDT 2013

On 7/3/2013 10:00 AM, homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:

> The point of my comment is that humans weren't created with water collection systems. We didn't "evolve" on pure rain water and morning dew. Minerals are not evil, and many would call them necessary.
>
> Saying that god intended it that way..... that's really no different than me saying 1+1=3, because whatever belief I have "intended it" that way. Religon makes an exceptionally poor basis for proving an argument.

In olden days, air and water was pure, until the industrial revolution
and burning of fossil fuels, it was pristine.  Years ago, I recall
reading article of a 16th century cemetary somewhere in Europe, that was
moved to put a highway in.  Digging coffins, one of the coffins was
sealed, sample of the air inside was tested for pollutants.  Results
were off their charts for purity in everything tested for.

As for religion, I agree, it's horrible for arguments because there are
so many variations.  God is not a religion, doesn't want vows, has no
rules.  God is simply the spirit of truth, that almighty omnipresent
spirit of truth.  Those that love God, worship in spirit and in truth,
not in religions made by men.