[Homeroast] New Burrs Needed?

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 22:29:18 CST 2013

There is a HUGE difference between manufacturers rated burr life AND actual
quality grind burr life. And some "fellow in customer service" isn't exactly
the official company stance either.

For example in order to maintain quality grind a Mazzer Major needs burrs
replaced at 700-800lb, Super Jolly 'bout 400lb, Mini 300lb. Rancilio Rocky
70-100lb. This of course assumes grinding for espresso. Even assuming coarse
grinding like for Press Pot 500lb quality grind burr life for the Virtuoso
is laughable.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/