[Homeroast] New Burrs Needed?

Duane Mitchell duanemitchell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 09:50:46 CST 2013

Thanks for the info. I went back on the Baratza website. Found this page

http://www.baratza.com/wp-content/uploads/Paddle-Wheel-Solis.pdf

All my paddles are gone, worn smooth smooth. No wonder the coffee was getting packed into the bottom there was no way for it to get carried out. This is the info I am looking for. I'll change the burrs and the paddle wheel.

It also suggests to wrap the cone burr with a towel to protect the burrs and then clamp on the vice grips. And it is a left hand thread so you have to "give it a quick jerk" clockwise.

My grinder is probably around 8 years old. It's due for an update.

Duane