[Homeroast] New Burrs Needed?

msmb msmb at suddenlink.net
Sat Jan 19 08:58:05 CST 2013

A friend of mine and I put the vice grips on and then used a hammaer to tap
them (as I recall we were hitting the grips not the burr itself).  Actually
gave it a pretty good hit or two or three and it did not do damage to the
burr; it is tough.  Make sure you are hitting it in the right direction
(see the Baratza page because I forget; I think it is clockwise).  Even if
you were to damage the burr at least you will remove it and the replacement
is very inexpensive.

I used mine this morning for the first time after changing the paddle wheel
and the outer burr holder.  I works! Amazing little device; I have used
this machine for around 7 years now and I feel like it will go on for
another 7.  If you continue to have trouble I suggest that you call
Baratza; a technician there will help you.Ny the way, in my previous post i
said the maching was good for 300 ounds; the Baratza page says the burrs
will last 3 - 4 years; that is waht the tech said was so conservative.  I
gues i was figure that 4 years for me would be around 320- pounds, and my
grind continues to be good well after 500 pounds.