[Homeroast] Anomalous Roast

Bob Hazen peatmonster at comcast.net
Wed Jan 2 01:00:47 CST 2013

Not to worry.  The list is mostly slow these days, so almost anything can be
the target of a little humor.  I have had some big variances in 1st crack
within the same bag of greens.  It seems loosely correlated to humidity and
ambient temperature.  Sometimes 1st gets by me and I find myself expecting
2nd.  In my experience 2nd is quite predictable and if I don't hit it too
hard, I can stop my roast with just a couple of 2nd cracks.  For me, that's
a near-perfect roast.

Bob