[Homeroast] Sweet Maria's New Coffee Alert (Byron - Sweet Maria's Coffee)

Paul Jolly pauljolly65 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 21:10:21 CST 2013

At times I think Aleco must be nuts.  A Colombian rated over 91 points??  Part of the "holy trinity"???  Coffees that transcend outstanding Guatemalans????  Then I taste the Narino Taminango again...and again...and again...and find it eminently drinkable, fascinating in the flavor shifts as the cup cools, entrancing in the depth that 5, 7, 9 days of rest bring.  It's one of my favorites coffees of the past year, no doubt.  Then I check its score:

87.

Huh.  I guess Aleco is on to something, something big.  A Colombian rating over 91 points?  Sure - I'm in.  I am loving these Colombians, almost enough to make me forget El Salvador.  Not quite, but a palliative for the lean times.

Cheers,
Paul

Message: 1