[Homeroast] My beans smell like breakfast cereal

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Feb 12 16:45:43 CST 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 06:11:10PM -0600, Brian Kamnetz wrote:
> I almost always schedule roasts in the morning so that I can have a
> cup about half an hour after roasting (after my shower). I love that

I'm another frequently unrested brewer.  I wouldn't say those are
often, and moaybe not ever, my favorite taste of a roast, but there
certainly is sometimes an imbalanced highlighting of something I like
that has considerable appeal in that just-roasted cup.

One of the forum regulars insists that he gets a nice peanut butter cup
from the do Sertao, though it seems to take just the right amount of
second crack (1 lb in a Behmor, straight P1 I believe) as well as
waiting until the seventh day to brew in his old vacpot...

I've found it to be somewhat more interesting than the average Brazil,
but no peanuts in my cup.  A lighter C+ roast did have these huge
hazlenuts around the third day after roasting, really pretty amazing,
and if I were really fond of hazlenut I'm sure I would have wanted to
get a bunch more of the greens.  :-/

--
Much of our country's counterterrorism security spending
is not designed to protect us from the terrorists, but instead