[Homeroast] Hottop control

Mike Chester mchet at charter.net
Mon Feb 4 15:27:22 CST 2013

Kevin,

I have had my CCR Hottop for several years now and am extremely pleased with
its performance and durability. If I did not already have one, I would jump
on the chance to buy the one that Jeffrey is offering. As someone who has
spent my life working in the electronics and engineering field, I can say
with some authority that Jeffrey's design and constructions are excellent. I
have worked on multi-million dollar machines with less care in their design.
Jeffrey is a perfectionist and it shows in the CCR. He individually
calibrates each one and adjusts its program for the individual variations in
parts. My program would not work in your machine. I bought my CCR used and
the previous owner used it to supply a coffee shop so it ran continuously.
When I first got it, I replaced the heating element as all that use warped
the old one. That is the only service I have done in 4+ years. All I have to
do is blow out the chaff after each roast. (I remove the chaff tray and dump
it; then blow air down the bean chute which blows the remaining chaff out
the tray's slot.) I run about 7-10 loads in a row about once or twice a
month.
I have written lots of roast profiles, so if you buy it and need some to try
out, contact me off-list and I will send some to try.

Mike