[Homeroast] HotTop control

Jeffrey Pawlan jpawlan at pawlan.com
Mon Feb 4 12:37:38 CST 2013

Answering your last question first,  HotTop never came out with their
higher capacity model. They promised it for years but it never
appeared.

I spent several years developing the computer controlled roaster (CCR)
which was based on a highly modified HotTOp.  It works flawlessly.
While doing extensive experimentation, I found that the airlow within
the HotTop is not great.  I experimented with continuously
variable fan speed and found that it is truly best to leave it at
full speed all the time.

Although I stopped the manufacture of the CCR systems, there is one
owner who has retired from drinking coffee owing to medical reasons.
He is willing to sell his through me as I would need to do a full
refurbish and re-calibration and then compile new software for it.
For a description, see computercontrolledroaster.com

Regards,

Jeffrey Pawlan