[Homeroast] Teaching an old dog new tricks

Lynne Biziewski lynnebiz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 07:55:38 CST 2013

I always do quite a fine grind because I have a cheap blade grinder. I
found that I can get a decent cup (sometimes great) from this, but only if
I grind it fine. And I don't like other brands of the cheap type of whirly
blades - the brand I've been using for so many years isn't made anymore -
so when it goes, I may have to save up for a good grinder. Yes, I know a
grinder is the most important tool for us homeroasters - but being on a
fixed income taught me to make priorities & make due with what I have.

Best of luck to you son - and kudos for you helping him! Moving is always
tough (Lord knows I've done it so many times myself), but Southern Cal
sounds perfect right now. We are having a freezing cold wave here in the
Boston area. Ugh. Going to curl ups with my new (Christmas gift) Kindle and
my Sammy (dog - not guy, hehe) after I finish with computer stuff & my cup
of Burundi Kirimiro Teka (newly roasted - really needs more rest I think) &
wish for palm trees!

take care

Lynne