[Homeroast] Uganda boycott > was RE: +Twelve roasts of Christmas

Robert Foster foster49801 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 07:22:29 CST 2013

I guess one has to decide which issue is more importrant: combatting third world poverty, or crusading for sexual orientation justice. I wonder if poverty is responsible for more death and misery than persecution of disfavored sexual preference. It's terrible when reality conflicts with one's political positions.

I don't know, but if you enjoy Ugandan coffee buy it with the comfort of knowing that perhaps you are contributing to the survival of a farmer and his family. Or don't and hope that someday your gesture will achieve social justice for those who manage to survive their poverty. I guess it's all about values and choices.

On another note, it appears that whomever is responsible for monitoring this list is too busy with the crush of holiday business to notice that this discussion has wandered far beyond coffee roasting and into divisive political issues. Unfortunate.

R. Foster
Head Wrangler,
Foster's Cat Ranch
"Premium felines raised in God's country.
Call for prices, recipes and suggested wine pairings."