[Homeroast] Uganda boycott > was RE: +Twelve roasts of Christmas

Janomac janomac at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 13:28:17 CST 2013

Again, to those who advocate a Ugandan Boycott...you are speaking to and
hurting the wrong people!

This is a government policy issue, not and issue of the small-time coffee
farmers. If you want to get at the Ugandan Govt., then that issue needs to
be addressed via the US State Dept. as a suggestion to limit or stop
foreign aid to the Ugandan Govt. or to limit US trade with Uganda
altogether.

Going after the farmers on the ground -- who may or may NOT support the
government policy-- is simply not a way to end the policy or to even make
your voice known;  except maybe to this list, to Tom & Maria, and maybe (if
Tom tells them) to the farmers -- none of whom have much to say about
Ugandan govt. policy. I mean, what if a Bugisu producer is actively
opposing or even defying the govt. policy-- at great risk of hazard? Your
1st world "protest" of not spending that disposable income over a 2nd/3rd
world social issue will do nothing but hurt them and make it less probable
their business will survive.