[Homeroast] Uganda boycott > was RE: +Twelve roasts of Christmas

Barbara C. Greenspon lilysownahmah at greensponassociates.com
Mon Dec 23 08:35:00 CST 2013

Thanks for posting Sandy.  I'm a bit behind in reading these posts, thus this late reply.

It is true that some of America's most political churches, in the name of something other than religion, have stirred this up in Uganda.  This new policy is supposedly better than the previous policy:  death to anyone who is homosexual, regardless of whether or not they are actively in a "gay lifestyle".  Self righteous  Ugandan political leaders openly state that American religious leaders (of one particular bent) have taught them the dangers of homosexuality.

No one has to do anything to help anyone in the world.  But if you care at all, it certainly isn't too hard to decide to take this simple step.

You are correct that it may take a long time, but you are also correct in that we can find many many many African coffees that bring us pleasure without hurting another human being (even by default).

That's for writing.

Barbara Greenspon