[Homeroast] CSA 12 Steps

Ben Treichel J.W.Bullfrog at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 16:25:58 CST 2013

Courtesy of Mike McCoffee, or so he says. 😁

Figured it was time for a classic from the archives.

Coffee Snobs Association

The Twelve Steps of CSA

(or Anonymous - you're a member when you say you are:-)

1. We admitted we were powerless over fresh home roasted coffee, but of
course we can manage it.

2. We came to believe that no power could force us to drink pre-roasted or
pre-ground or perish the thought canned coffee.

3. We made a decision to turn our will and our bank accounts over to the
care of Tom and Sweet Maria's, as we understood him.

4. We made a searching and fearless inventory of our greens stash.

5. We admitted to no one they knew more about coffee than we did.

6. We were entirely ready to have inferior coffee removed from lives
forever.

7. We humbly asked our spouse for a larger coffee budget.

8. We made a list of all persons not home roasting, and became willing to
convert them all.

9. We made direct donations of fresh home roasted coffee to such people
wherever possible, except when to do so would deplete our precious stash.

10. We continued to take stash inventory, and when low or not promptly
ordered more.

11. We sought through new and exotic roasting and brewing methods to
improve of coffee consumption, as we knew it to be best, begging only for
money to carry that out.

12. Having had a coffee awakening as a result of those steps, we tried to
force this message on sludge drinkers and to perfect these principles in
all our cups.

*13. Continued to buy any and every green recommended seeking ways to store
and means to justify our excessive beans inventory to our spouse.