[Homeroast] New Roaster and Brewer Recommendations?

Masa Jow wyan at futomen.net
Fri Dec 20 19:10:54 CST 2013

Are you referring to:
No outside commercial posts or solicitations - we do not allow outside commercial posts of any kind. This includes regular emails with commercial references, URLs, addresses or 800 numbers of products.*
(This seems more like, no spam or pushing your product, not just mentioning a URL.) Or is it:
No posts detrimental to our business
Both of these are quite broad.  And, I think the intent was to try to make people stay in the “spirit” of the rules.  I agree that a link was to something that provided many of the same services.  I don’t think it was a commercial post.  Was it detrimental to Sweet Maria’s’ business?  It could be argued that it’s actually a good thing, actually, since it probably grows the roasting community in Canada.

Did I miss something another rule?  Both of those seem subjective, so it was worth pointing out, since it’s always a good idea to read the rules every once in a while.  Or, am I also communication challenged?