[Homeroast] AeroPress Stainless steel filter

sallsup sallsup at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:49:11 CST 2013

I've got one of those metal filters.  It's OK.

The main difference I've noticed is that it takes more pressure on the
plunger to get the water through, and that there is less "leakage" out of
the bottom of the press prior to pressing.

When cleaning it, you'll want to give it a scrub with a toothbrush or
scrubber now and then.  The holes tend to clog with fine grinds after a few
uses.

I don't like throwaway things, and the person who takes my coffee grounds
for compost doesn't want paper filters in his compost pile, so using metal
works out for both of us.

But, I'll use the paper ones when traveling.  It's already a pain cleaning
a coffee setup in those little hotel bathroom sinks, so I loosen up a bit
then and go with convenience (plus no one is composting those grounds).