[Homeroast] Bonaverde coffee machine

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 13:50:22 CST 2013

I emailed the guys (but did not join the kickstarter).  They're not looking
at Customers like us, who are willing to buy dedicated roasting hardware,
they're looking at people who have never been exposed to fresh roasted
coffee.  They were talking about a future feature to separate roasting from
brewing, so you could roast in advance, but it kills the "gimmick" aspect.
 I was also concerned about fires and cleaning, but they said that neither
were an issue and they've run their test machines through 100s of cycles.

I'm choosing to think of it this way.  Dedicated consumer roasters, like
the Behmor, made roasting an option to people like me, who were not willing
to make their own devices.  This is the next logical step to open the
homeroasting market to people who weren't willing to try (or knew about)
consumer roasters, but who are intrigued by the idea and the approachable
price.  If it expands the market for specialty green coffee, all the
better, and maybe some of the buyers of these roaster/brewers will
"upgrade" to consumer roasters, just like some of us on this mailing list
have upgraded to professional roasters.  For me...I'll stick with my Behmor.