[Homeroast] Shop roasters

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Tue Aug 27 11:41:49 CDT 2013

My PLC controller programmed for 15sec interval set points...

Propane tank ?: use 2 but not on auto switch over currently. Manually keep
track of batch count, switch tank (20lb/5gal "standard/common" size) between
40-50 batches, have gone as many as 53 batches but as tank gets lower
pressure decreases a bit so usually swap by 45. Have never run out during a
roast...a good thing! (was sweating it a bit that time ran 53 batches before
tank swap but had forgotten to fill the other tank and wanted to finish the
days roast session :-)

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/