[Homeroast] Shop roasters

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Mon Aug 26 23:46:43 CDT 2013

Ben, 6 years ago when I bought mine a full manual USRC was $8k, mine was
$12.5k with PLC profile controller including auto-dump. Can of course also
roast full manual but why? The art is dialing in a profile for a given bean
not then wasting time twiddling dials the same way batch after batch after
batch. (Of course monitoring automated profiles and adjusting as/when
needed.) A trained monkey can adjust flame and airflow to follow an already
determined profile. That additional $4.5k was money very well spent allowing
multitasking which equals greater productivity.

Sounds like Rick can tell you what they're going for now. :-)
Congratulations! You will of course have a learning curve getting to know
how to control and best use your new tool. That's what it is, a roasting
tool. A very capable roasting tool in my experience. Roasting principles are
roasting principles. It's up to you to continue learning and apply them, the
roaster won't do it for you the Roaster!

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/