[Homeroast] SC/TO option?

Scot Murphy deppitybob at comcast.net
Wed Aug 14 19:58:00 CDT 2013

I was thinking of modding another Stir Crazy as a roaster, seeing as I have a TurboOven to still use on top of it, but I found this: <http://www.amazon.com/West-Bend-82386-Popcorn-Roaster/dp/B002JM100Q/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1376527329&sr=8-10&keywords=stir+crazy>

It looks like a Stir Crazy base that would need no modifications. When you look at the thumbnail images, you see that the center is already metal (probably aluminum), obviating the need for a machined pipe end cap and silicone gel. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this. It's for roasting popcorn and nuts, meaning it probably heats up higher for nuts. A TurboOven would be more of an assist than necessarily the main roaster here.

Any ideas from the DIYers on this list?

Scot "can never have too many" Murphy