[Homeroast] Not sure how to go about roasting now - Behmor close to death

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Aug 7 19:57:32 CDT 2013

Hello Seth,

Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 3:04 PM, you wrote:

> Interesting. Had your chaff collector dulled or is it that you're
> covering part of the mesh section?

> I tried the new "low profile" collector, but it extended the roast
> times significantly. I switched back to the old one.

I found that same reduction in roast time and I attributed more it to insulation and less to reflection. I only change that piece of foil when it finally tears and I probably put the shiny side facing in but I don't really think it's very shiny any more after the 30 or more roasts it's been in there.

-- Ira